Monday 23 March 2009

My graduation! (just kidding)

A short time ago I helped a friend of mine celebrate her graduation from my Korean university. She actually has one semester left, but there is only one graduation ceremony a year, so I went to that one. Well, actually, I didn't even go to the ceremony. Apparently just taking graduation pictures and wearing a cap and gown is more important than hearing any speeches, so I just took pictures with my friend and her family for two hours. The whole campus was filled with seniors doing the same thing, all dressed up with nowhere special to go.

That's me, So Yoon, and her boyfriend Han Young. The strange triangle-shaped structure to the right is the most famous bit of architecture on campus, the main gate to the university. All incoming traffic passes under it; it actually spells out the initials of my university.

Hmm, I didn't realize how much taller I am than her family, normally I'm only a little above average in Korea. It's hard to see, but we were surrounded by families taking the same pictures on campus. People spend a lot of time buying clothes and coating themselves in makeup for this day.

Yay! I Graduated!

No comments: